Sunday, July 26, 2009

Road trip to Utah

We had a fun road trip to Utah this year. We usually fly but this year my parents drove out to see us and we hopped a ride back to Utah with them. They were very kind to let us tag along. We went through I think 8 movies, countless DS games and they both finished reading a book. Jackson read Diary of a Wimpy Kid and Rylie read the Meanest Doll in the World. They finished them start to finish while on the road. So props to my kids for being so good for 18+ hours in the car. We did stop for one night in Albuquerque NM. That was interesting. I think we stopped at the worst possible place in NM. A little bit on the scary side, but we made it. We were up early and on the road again. We were making a small detour to the four corners that day. We made it and can I say DON"T GO!! It really was a waste of time - other than you get to say you stood in 4 different states at the same time. We paid 3 dollars a person to drive in and take a picture right in the spot the 4 corners meet. Look here it is.... and that is pretty much all that was there. Oh we did see the Last Ride.Sad to say I do not know all the history on this but the picture turned out pretty well so I thought I would post it! I can't forget that Michael Jackson died while we were on the road as did Farrah Fawcett. We made it safely to Manti in 2 days and a fun trip!

No comments: