Sunday, October 18, 2009

RACE FOR THE CURE

Saturday I was able to do the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure. It was my first year to do this race. I was very overwhelmed by the amount of people there, and the stories each one of them had to share. There were many hopeful stories and many stories that had sad endings. It was very inspiring for me. I will be doing this race every year (new goal) and if I could I would wear the t-shirt I received every day of the year. It is heart breaking that this disease has effected all of us by either going through it ourselves or knowing someone who has been through it themselves.

I am hopeful that a cure is found very soon!

3 comments:

BALLS said...

holy cow slow down... i am way behind on running and exercising.. and you are going to waste away!!!

Scarlet Davis said...

Good for you. My mom's sister had breast cancer and has been cancer free for about 10 years. I was thinking I needed to run for a cause in my races, so you've inspired me. I'm going to research it and get some donations coming in. Thanks!

The Mitchell's said...

Way to go Steph.. I actually held a "swing for life" pink volleyball game this year. Raised about $600.00. We had an amazing turnout! It's a great experience! Hope everything else good!