Sunday, October 5, 2008

"The Half"

Well, I did it! I signed myself up to do a half marathon. My stomach is queasy just thinking about it. It is 13.1 FOREVER miles and it is in November. I can run about 8 1/2 miles comfortably now. I shouldn't say comfortably because I really don't feel all that comfortable when I get my run done. But it does make me feel somewhat accomplished. Now if I can just do another 5 miles on top of it? I have run a 5k and I liked it. So maybe the half won't be so bad. Yeah right!! Big difference between a 5k and a half marathon - just a measly 10 miles. No biggie!
Get Ready - Get Set - GO!!!! EEK!

7 comments:

The Mitchell's said...

All I can say it that you are crazy!! I have a friend here that runs marathons and loves it... Always invites me to train with her. I have to say NO.. Unless she needs someone to drive the car and carry water for her.. haha:)

The Richardson's said...

That is awesome!! I could never do it, so you'll have to let me know how it goes!! Good luck!

The Richardson's said...

I feel fat now, im going to the gym tonight! (Craig)

Sassy Lu said...

Wow Steph! That' a big undertaking. Are you going to wear the sports bra and speedo's like the people in the picture??? (ha!ha!ha!) Good luck!

Liz said...

You'll love it! If you're already at 8 1/2 then you are almost ready. You go girl!!

Shari said...

You can do it! (Say it w/ a good accent!)

Tell us when it is so we can come cheer you on at the finish!

Miralyn said...

Good Luck. You will do great!!!!