Sunday, February 22, 2009

A Mouth Milestone

"WOW" It finally happened! Jackson lost his first tooth. This is exciting because he is 7 and his sister who is a mere 7 months older than him has lost 8 teeth already. Call him our late bloomer. This is how it all went down. The kids had their six month dental check up this past Thursday. The dentist did mention that his tooth might be coming out soon and gave him a little tooth box for it. I really didn't think to much of it because it didn't seem to be that loose. Well, Friday the kids went to bed (Jackson with his tooth still in mouth) a little later than usual, friends sleeping over. In the morning Jackson came to ask me for his breakfast and I noticed his tooth was gone. I said to him,"where is your tooth?" He didn't even know that he lost it. We looked all over his bed in between his sheets and covers and we have not been able to find it. I think he swallowed it! YUK! He was so worried the tooth fairy wasn't going to come without him putting that tooth under his pillow. I assured him she would make it and she did. What a nice tooth fairy!

3 comments:

Shari said...

I can't believe I missed that "holey" mouth on Sunday! Don't worry, Jake swallowed a penny a few weeks ago and I have full confidence the tooth will be "recycled".

BALLS said...

oh look how cute he looks....just remember that i didnt loose the last of my six baby teeth they had to be pulled at age 16!! haha and that is not a joke. maybe he will follow in my footsteps since he did with the hair color.
p.s that tooth fairy better have left him some good $$$ if he swallowed it. that made me sick to think about.

Petersen Family of 4 said...

Hey, my kids lost their teeth late too! And so did I. Oh well. Things have been going okay here. Busy, as you can guess. Talk to you soon.