Monday, February 16, 2009

~Wedding~

We have been in Utah for my sister Sheena's wedding! I have to talk a little about marriage after witnessing all this. Remember back to the day when you got married (assuming you are as old as me)? To be young and in love is something right? Well that was Sheena and Colby. They are so young and so into each other. This was only my second time meeting Colby. The first time was back in October when I went to Utah for a unexpected trip to my grandpa's funeral. This happened to be the weekend they got engaged too! Anyhoo, when Colby walked in to my mom and dads house I was a little taken back. You know it was one those times when you kind of have the breath knocked out of you. Such a good lookin guy and so polite. I could just see these two were supposed to be together. I am almost old enough to be Sheena's mom (almost) and I have wanted to see this happen for her so much! Don't get me wrong she has dated some nice and not so nice guys (haven't we all) but this one was it! You could just tell. They got married Saturday morning in the Manti Temple and it was fantastic. Sheena happened to be up throwing up since 2am the night before but she managed to look fabulous! I was so glad we were able to go and be with them for their wedding. It brought back a flood of memories of my awesome day years ago. We may not be young as them but the love part is still there. That's whats important right?
P.S. Don't you love her dress and cake?

2 comments:

Joanie said...

As I scrolled down I was thinking :I love her dress and cake"! :) Ah, young love...it is hard for me to believe that Rich & I are about to celebrate 15 years! You guys too. wow!

BALLS said...

WOW look at my disgusting hair and face. why....did i have to be the one who was sick! :) but i do have to say the cake looks amazing. i loved it. thanks so much for coming out. it meant alot to both colby and I.