Wednesday, January 12, 2011

push em back push em back way back!!!

We have a ruff, tuff, fighting machine in this house named J - man!! Ok so I just made that name up right this minute but it works for this post. This past fall Jackson started playing tackle football. Boy was he and his dad ready for that. His mom not so much!! I was scared to death. It all started when we took him to get him weighed and measured for his pads. The kid in front of him in line got on the scale and the scale read 151 lbs. I started hyperventilating right there in the line. 151 lbs people!!! 9 year old boy guys!! I am standing next to the J - man who then gets on the scale weighing in at a big 51 lbs!! The J -man was going to be playing with and against 100 lb heavier kids. NO WAY!! But oh I was wrong. He did play and he played hard. He did so well that they put him in as quarterback. He had a great time and couldn't get enough. If they played it all year round here he would be playing. He loves it! The only thing that would make it better for him is if his team was the Cowboys instead of the Aggies. Maybe next season! It really wasn't that bad for me either except the one game where he got pummeled and didn't get up and wasn't moving for like 5 minutes and coaches from both teams were huddled around him on the field and I had to do that hyperventilating thing I did when we were waiting to have him weighed. Yes other than that it was a fun Football Season!! GO COWBOYS!! I mean AGGIES!!

Practice uniform
Getting dressed for the first game

2 comments:

BALLS said...

i still cant believe that a 9 year old weighs 151 pounds! that is still more than me and i have a 3 pound baby inside! what food is that kids parents feeding him! i would be scared for my life it i saw him coming at me. j-man is looking good in the uniform and quarterback, you know all the girls want to date the quaterback of the football team, better watch out! i wish we could see him play, one day one day maybe we will!

katyosborne said...

What the #*%$ nine year olds weigh how much? How fun I honestly can not wait for Ashton to play Tackle Football! They will probably not have that cool of uniforms, but o well. Jackson as quarterback that is so awesome, think how rough they are going to play when they get out here tell him to bring his pads. Tell everyone else hello from us as well!