Monday, October 17, 2011

Quick catch up, and then onto Summer!

Rylie did here first Science Project. The Science of Cereal. She got the 5 most popular brands of cereal to test which one got the soggiest the fastest. Honey Bunches of Oats won for soggiest.
We had a very cold week this past Winter that left us stuck in the house for 3 or 4 days. School was cancelled and everything. Everything was covered with ice outside. If we wanted to leave the house we had to walk wherever we went. So we didn't go far. I did not enjoy that week one bit.
Spring Break Britt was out of town for the week so the kids and I made the best of it. We took ourselves 20 mins down the road to Arlington stayed in a hotel and went to Six Flags! Good times! We also took a ride to Fossil Rim with some friends. Fossil Rim is where you drive through and see all the wild animals. Some will come right up to your cars. These animals are not caged they just roam around. Those Ostrich are scary with their red eyes!
Jackson got bit by a neighbors dog. It was awful. Britt was out of town that week too. Pictures are gory - sorry! He was not teasing the dog either. He just went to pet him and the dog latched on and wouldn't let go. Not my favorite week that week either. Everything healed up fine but he has some crazy scars on his hand. Hope they fade as he gets older.
Rylie had another piano recital. She won an award for being the student who practices the most and it shows. She got to bring home a big trophy. Hopefully that will give her the motivation to keep practicing. I love to hear her play.
The Dallas Mavericks won the Championship. This was one happy house. I was so happy for them! They deserved it. It was awesome that they won the championship but I was the most happy when we got to go to the game where they beat Colby and LA. Boy, was that exciting! Made up for those bad two weeks I mentioned above and pretty much anything else bad that happened before that. Aww Shucks Colby... better luck next year! GO MAVS!

2 comments:

BALLS said...

seeing all that snow makes me sick. i am not ready for winter at all! and poor jackson you need to keep him in a bubble! that is crazy about the cereal. i always eat honey bunches of oats, and i hate soggy cereal. maybe i just eat so fast cause i am a pig that it never goes soggy! i wish we could go to six flags again that was a blast! and my colby loves the lakers so he our house was not happy that day! haha

Petersen Family of 4 said...

haha. You guys make me laugh. You cant go onto summer. Its Oct. And the world is ending today!! hehe. I must eat fast too, cuz my frosted flakes get soggy fast, and I hate soggy cereal. So I inhale!