Friday, August 14, 2009

I really hate to break it to you.....

but there is not a basement in the Alamo! Sorry Pee Wee Herman fans, Pee Wee did not find his bicycle in the basement of the Alamo. I know, I was shocked too (Britt is cringing as he reads this). Britt is a history buff and I think for a minute he regretted marrying me when he heard all I knew about the Alamo was the Pee Wee bicycle - basement stuff.

We did tour the Alamo when we were visiting SA! I admit I really did not know much about it (but the Pee Wee thing - which happens to be a big lie). We took a tour and I learned alot. I thought it was pretty cool. Not what happened there but seeing the buildings and the grounds. It really was beautiful. Rylie will be learning about the Alamo this year in school so I am glad we went and she saw and learned about what happened there.

No comments: