Wednesday, June 9, 2010

H.A.G.S or hags

The kids took their yearbooks to school today for yearbook signing. As soon as they got them home I grabbed them and sat down to read what everyone wrote to my kids. This is all I saw......

Jacy
hags

Madi
H.A.G.S

Taylor - hags

Payton
H.A.G.S

and so forth and so on.....

OK call me old but who the heck knows what hags means??? were they calling my sweet kids HAGS!!! I mean - RUDE!!!! So I call Rylie and Jackson into the room and ask them? They both laugh and think it's funny that I have no idea what H.A.G.S mean, then tell me it is short for HAVE A GREAT SUMMER!!!!!!!!! wow how times have changed. I mean we wrote things like..... hope you have a great Summer NOT h.y.h.a.g.s OR call me NOT c.m OR you are so good looking NOT y.a.s.g.l OR stay cute NOT s.c OR steph and britt forever NOT s.a.b.f
I learn something new everyday I tell ya. I still need to post about the new trend called Silly Bands. It has taken over our house for the past month. Another time though. For now I just want to sign off and say....

H.A.G.S
Stephanie

4 comments:

Kamie said...

I saw the update on my blog for HAGS and thought I haven't heard that since JR. High. Funny. I read my mother-in-law's "autograph book" last week and read:

Roses are red
Violets are blue
If I had a brick
I'd throw it at you

I actually was a little shocked since that was 45 years ago. Anyhow that is funny.

BALLS said...

HAHA that is really funny! i will admit i had not a clue what that meant. so does this mean i am getting old???? i sure hope not. when you guys come out they will have to teach me all the cool slang!

BALLS said...

p.s that poem above it really really funny, i might need to use that one day!

marcus said...

My little brothers send me emails that look like they're in code. I have no idea what they're talking about most of the time. I just reply with random abbreviations that i'm sure I'm using incorrectly. J/k, lol, tmi, ttyl.