Monday, August 25, 2008

First day of School!

The kids went back to school today. They were so excited to go! I thought I was excited to until I had to leave them. I always get so anxious leaving my kids on the first day. It's just the newness of everything. I don't really know their teachers yet and I am leaving my kids in their care for almost the whole day. That is hard for me! We took Rylie to class first. She is all the way down the hall and around the corner and down another hall from Jacksons class this year. Last year they were right across the hall from each other, which was kind of nice. Rylie went right in found her locker and sat right down. She really was excited! In her little prayer last night before bed time she said, "please help me to sleep tonight because I am so excited for school tomorrow". We left her and headed down to Jacksons class. He was practically running. He found his locker and sat right down and started talking to some of his buddies from last year. So the first day seems like it was a good start to another great year of Elementary!

2 comments:

Sassy Lu said...

What cute kids! The first day of school really is a mix of emotions,isn't it!! I can't believe they have lockers in Elementary school....maybe smaller like cubbies? My poor son doesn't even have a locker in Middle School. That's Georgia for ya!! Hope the kids had a great day!

The Richardson's said...

Hi Steph!! Sorry it took me so long to get back with you. The first week has been quite eventful so far and it's only Tuesday night!! But, I love my professors and the people in my class, so I think it's going to be a good semester. I'm sure I'll probably feel differently around finals, but for now it's going pretty well! The kids look great and it looks like you did a heck of a job "hulaing" at the luau! I wish we could come see you guys! We miss you!! ~Tara~