Sunday, August 24, 2008

Ward Luau!!

So last night we had a ward party (ward Luau)! We had a 40 day fast in our ward for missionary work and this was our party to end our fast. Every family that wanted to could sign up for one of the 40 days and fast. So we really all didn't go with out food for 40 days - hee hee! Just one day per family. The picture of the pig above we really ate along with some other great luau food. We also had some performers who put on a great show for us. They really know how to move those hips I tell ya! I was fascinated! They were in the authentic clothes and had thier instruments. It was just awesome - UNTIL... they pulled me up on stage to try and move my hips like them. I could have died, but at least there were a bunch of people from the ward doing it right along with me. I am sure I was red as a beet! I have to admit it would be kind of fun to learn how to move like that. They are so graceful! Anyhoo, we had a super time and after the shock of seeing the whole pig laying there on the table (teeth, eyeballs and all) the meat was pretty good too!


oh boy!! here we go!!

2 comments:

Liz said...

Wow! That sounds like a really fun luau. I connected to your blog through the comment on Miralyn's blog. It's good to see how you guys are doing. Good job on the running and biking. That's great! Good luck with doing a triathelon. If it's okay, I'll have to connect you guys to my blog so I can keep up with you more often. Liz Hall

Miralyn said...

Hey Stephanie, it was so good to hear from you. Your family is so cute. They have really grown. This blog thing is so fun. Like Liz, I would like to connect you with my blog so I can keep connected. Glad everything is going well!!! Miralyn